Why Porcelain Veneer are a Great Cosmetic Option
When you’re ready to improve your smile, you have almost endless options for doing so. There are several aesthetic procedures available, and they can all be used alone or in combination with each other to provide a customized smile makeover.
Porcelain veneers are an option that's thought by many to be prohibitively expensive, but that’s not always the case. You may need as few as two veneers to resolve many aesthetic dental flaws.
What Aesthetic Problems Do Veneers Fix?
A veneer is a tooth-shaped shell of porcelain that is bonded to the front surface of teeth that show when you smile. Since it conceals what is beneath it, your dentist uses porcelain veneers in Washington, PA to address numerous problems including:
- Chipped teeth
- Broken teeth
- Uneven gaps and spacing
- Oddly shaped teeth
- Size discrepancies
- Severe staining or discoloration
- Mild tooth misalignment
In some cases, you may only need two veneers to balance the appearance of your smile. Or, if you are looking for a dramatic “Hollywood” smile makeover, a full set of veneers will provide the results you’re looking for.
How Are Dental Veneers Placed?
Placing veneers is similar to the process for placing a dental crown.
- Your dentist removes a small amount of enamel from the teeth to make room for the veneers to fit snugly against your gum line,
- Impressions are taken of your teeth that your dentist uses to create a model of your teeth.
- To ensure that your veneers blend seamlessly with your smile, you and your dentist will select a shade for them that matches surrounding teeth.
- Your dentist sends the model and shade specifications to a custom dental lab where your customized veneers are fabricated.
When your veneers are ready, your dentist bonds them securely to the surface of your teeth, and there’s nothing left for you to do but show off your stunning new smile!
Call Us to Learn More about Veneers
If you think porcelain veneers in Washington, PA might be a solution for you, please call Pruce Dental to arrange a convenient consultation. Dr. Pruce and our team forward to helping you love your smile again!